Why Does my Windows Freeze?
Computer hanging or freezing happens when either a program or the entire OS Windows ceases to respond to inputs.
In the most commonly come across circumstance, a program freezes and all windows belonging to the frozen program become fixed, and though the mouse cursor still moves on the screen, neither typing on the keyboard nor clicking the mouse produces any result in the program’s windows.
The mouse cursor may likewise be stuck in a kind showing that it is awaiting some operation to complete, such as an hourglass or a spinning wait cursor.
Often, the only way to recuperate from a system freeze is to reboot the device, normally by power biking with an on/off or reset button.
What Causes my Windows to Freeze?
The most typical however least serious reason for your computer system screen freezing is when your system is utilizing all RAM (memory) readily available – at that specific minute. If so, you’ve got a hardware problem.
How to Fix “Computer Screen Freeze”
- This issue might be short-lived. Wait a couple of minutes to see if whatever begins working once again.
- Either increase your RAM or begin closing programs that are running in the foreground and background of your computer system that you don’t require. Follow the following steps:
- Press the ‘Alt’, ‘Ctrl’ and ‘Del’ buttons all at the very same time, and you ought to bring up Windows Task Manager.
- See if any programs show up in the ‘Applications’ window as not being responsive.
- If anything programs, highlight it and click ‘End Task’.
- Wait a couple of seconds, and the non-responsive programs ought to close down.
More Complicated Fixes
If the issue isn’t a simply short term, temporary one, then it’s something more severe.